OverviewMultiple sessions available. Check the registration form for dates and times.
Duration: 1 hour
In this workshop, you will learn the fundamentals of Infrastructure as Code through a series of guided exercises using Pulumi’s Cloud Engineering platform. You will be introduced to Pulumi, an infrastructure as code platform where you can use programming languages to provision modern cloud infrastructure.
This workshop is designed to help users completely new to Pulumi become familiar with the core concepts needed to be effective with the Pulumi Infrastructure as Code platform. We will guide through the Pulumi platform with diagrams and a series of hands on exercises to help you understand the building blocks available in Pulumi.
To successfully complete all the exercises you will need to have Docker installed on your machine. You can also install the Pulumi CLI ahead of time, but we will walk you through the install process during the session.
Lee BriggsCommunity Engineer, Pulumi
Join us to learn:
- What is Pulumi?
- How to install Pulumi
- Configuring your development environment
- Choose your Pulumi language
- An introduction to the Pulumi state & the Pulumi console
- An introduction to Pulumi config
- Storing sensitive data in Pulumi securely
- Provision your first resources
- Understanding stacks
- An introduction to the Pulumi programming model
Get Started with Pulumi
- Create an AWS S3 Bucket then modify the bucket to host a static website.
- Create an Azure Resource Group and Storage Account, then export the storage account’s connection string.
- Create a Google Cloud Storage Bucket and apply labels to that bucket.
- Create a Kubernetes NGINX deployment and add a config value for MiniKube deployments.
- More topics and tutorials.
Discover our complete set of examples, documentation, and API references.Learn More
Have questions about Pulumi? We're happy to help.Contact Us